View Single Post
Old 12-24-2010, 01:59 AM   #47
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Nope, I don't say that suspension mods are necessary. I say that you get more benefit out of them, on the street, than you do power mods.

On the brake lines issue the next time you get a new bike, try out the stock brakes for a while, then swap out just the pads. I did that maybe 10 years ago and found that I got the same results that I expected from a pad AND line swap. I'd just never done pads only, until then.
Okay, I may act like it but I'm not a newb I have ridden hundreds of thousands of miles on bikes. I have replaced just the pads, especially before bikes came with HH pads stock. I know that lots of bikes come with wacky pads for reasons unknown to me. I like VERY tight brakes, ask Eric, when he rode my bike on Blood Mountain I'm sure that he noticed. Your brakes are good enough for you with just pads, great. Your bike probably came with somewhat lower spec brakes than mine to begin with. Because of the bike's intended market segment, they purposely use pads with less initial bite to help prevent losing the front. I like the feel I get from steel lines and pads. It's personal preference and I, for one, respect that.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote