View Single Post
Old 06-12-2008, 02:41 PM   #15
m0n1
Street Stunter

Moto: 07 R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider76 View Post
There are some deserted backroads about 30 minutes from my house.. I see a car every 45 minutes or so, these are the roads I wheelie on.. Nobody around, no crowds, just me and my bike. I dont do it to impress anyone or to show farmer Brown that I am a badass. I wear my gear and maybe go 5mph over the speedlimit.. harmless...I do it cause its fun. Isnt that the reason we ride, cause its fun?
I have no problem with what you’re doing. Seems to be a pretty safe place for you and I am glad you’re doing it for your enjoyment. I have no problems with backroad fun. Hell, if I could find a good, deserted road, I’d probably stunt too.

This is the problem I have:

I leave work, hop on my bike get on the free way and get into the carpool lane. Cool two bikes in front of me. Suzuki’s , helmet, tshirt pants and tennis shoes, whatever your skin not mine. In front of them maybe a cars length away is a moving truck. Now here is where it starts 1. I feel they are following too close. 2 its medium to high traffic at this time of day. 3. They are not staggered and 4. (my fav) they start trying to pull wheelies.

As soon as I see the first one try, I let up on the throttle, tap the rear brakes. And keep way way back.

"The soldier above all others prays for peace, for it is the soldier who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war." –Douglas MacArthur
“Our job as citizens also includes backing our president when he makes a decision, whether we like that decision or not,"- Damion Maynard
m0n1 is offline   Reply With Quote