View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 10:36 AM   #27
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
Like I said though, the HD has resale. I can pick up a 10 year old cruiser from 'insert japanese brand here' for 2k. Try and find a fatboy for that?

Are you paying a ton extra for a name and badges. Hell yes, i'd be a liar if I denied it. But, the resale on my harley when its 10 years old, will be the same price range as your average Jap cruiser is new.

So your paying more, but in the end, when you get rid of it, it probably costed you a lot less (not counting the ridiculous accessories people spend $$$$$$$$ on) in total fees, and return.

And, I know people will argue. But I have ridden friends cruisers. Hondas, kawi's, yamaha's, and they've all ridden my HD. And almost everytime someone tries my HD for the first time, they say something along the lines of 'Now I understand'..

And the HD dripping oil on the dealer floor thing, thats a thing of the past. Though HD haters like to push it as fact.
I agree about resell but as a former Harley owner myself, I know that it's only because suckers are willing to pay it NOT because it necessarily a better bike.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote