View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 12:56 PM   #69
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
It's a bit of a quandary. I get bored riding on the street, unless I can go fast. If I wanted to go slow, I'd take the bus. I've heard people talk about "scenery", but I've never seen any.

Problem is, now I'm fucking old, and having had the benefit of racing on the track, I find myself thinking about things like runoff, proximity of the nearest hospital, and how many times I can break my legs before they say, "fuck you, asshole" and leave me for a stamp collector.

About 20 years ago, a friend introduced me to dual-sports. I was hesitant, (there's all kinds of rocks and shit in the way, what a fucking stupid idea) but I warmed up to it when I realized I got the same rush dodging rocks and trees at 35mph, as I did dodging Buicks at 120mph.

There's another problem though... The KTM will do 80 on the gravel no problem at all, and since I'm an idiot, I will do 80 on the gravel along with it. Now I'll be the first to tell you, that doing 80 on gravel is stupid fast, stupid dangerous, and, well, just plain stupid.

It would seem that no matter what I ride, I still want to go fast, even though I know better.

BMW, sportbike, dirtbike, vintage bike, pocket bike, I don't care. I only have one question: How fast can I go without crashing the fucker?

JC
Amen.

Unfortunately, I usually find out the answer to the question in red about 2mph too late.
shmike is offline   Reply With Quote