Thread: 2010 moty
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 12:12 PM   #9
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I am not saying touring. I didn't say long distances at all or even having to go anywhere. I said just getting out there. You don't even need to go very far from your house to have an adventure.

Carrying a lot is a positive, you don't have to carry a ton, but having the ability is a positive for someone who wants to pack a lot if they are going on a very long trip.

This thread is just taking a turn that every adventure riding definition takes on adv rider. That's why I say elitist. Hell a harley can be a great adventure riding bike. I don't think there is a #1 adv bike. I think the #1 adv bike is the bike any person owns, because that's the bike you are going to have an adventure on.
then what's the point of the category then if every bike can be an adventure bike?

I agree the best bike, is the bike your sitting on... but to stir the pot a bit using your definition... I think you'll have more of an adventure on a moped than a GS... after all... getting into things way over your head is an adventure! just like the Top Gear episode with the $1000 bikes!
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote