View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 04:41 PM   #5
goof2
AMA Supersport

All I've seen before is what you mentioned, a switch that bypasses the temp sensor and sends power to the fan regardless of coolant temp. Depending on how your bike's fan is triggered it may be more of a pain in the ass to do what you are talking about.

If the fan is triggered off the sensor that sends temp information to the digital display it wouldn't be too difficult to change the electrical value the fan switch sees to make it think the bike is hotter than it really is. On my bike (01 R6) it doesn't work that way. The fan is triggered off of a separate system. Instead of the temp sender it uses a separate thermo switch that trips closed at 105C and trips open at 100C. I would either need to find a replacement that fits my bike and trips at a different set of temps I'm happy with (probably pretty unlikely since most vehicles tend to use similar temps) or modify the existing switch (I'm personally not real comfortable with that).

Check to see how your bike's fan is triggered which should be in your service manual.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote