View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 05:01 AM   #8
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnyce View Post
so, i know alot of ppl just add a toggle switch inline when their stock coolant switch goes bad, or when they want the power to turn the fans on whenever they want, but what i want(and what makes the most sense imo) is a fan switch that switches on at a lower temp. i cant imagine that every fan switch comes on at the same temp, or at the very least someone would make an adjustable one for custom applications. but i cant find any info on it. anybody here attempt to do this?

the bike is a '00 750, but this would apply to all bikes id think.
Over in the Busa world there are a couple ways this is done. One strategy is to move the stock sensor from the cool side of the radiator over to the hot intake line coming off the engine. Its about half way down this page. http://www.rccturbos.com/product-cat...&category_id=3
Another option on the Busa (and I have to assume that there are parallels for other bikes , This appears to work in all of the Suzukis) is to use the fan temp sensor from a Honda Accord which triggers the fan at 185 instead of 205 I think. (it is a direct swap) Also a well used option is switching to a Muzzy or comparable fan the Muzzy is Aluminum so unlike the stock Suzuki fans they don't flex when they get hot. Muzzy also seems to have better Geometry so it appears to move more air.
I actually did all three but the fan ran constantly so I switched back to the the stock sensor in a new location.
An option for gen 1 busas I haven't done but may is to add a second fan from Jeggs or Snitz (they are $50) so you are moving even more air when the fans run.

Last edited by nhgunnut; 10-05-2010 at 05:05 AM..
nhgunnut is offline   Reply With Quote