View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 12:04 AM   #32
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
What was wrong with your gear? You mentioned something about it 2 weeks ago.

I've done a few saddle sore 1ks and have yet to document one, mostly for the same reason that you just did it without docmenting it, it happened without you realizing it. Most of them for me have been because I got lost and had to back track a few miles. One of the last ones finished up at your house (actually I was 50 miles short, but I had 8 hours left to do that 50 miles).

And yes, I find that things I have seen my whole life seem less grand in real life than in my mind.

anyways, epic post, looks like a rad trip
Rev'It suit had some issues. I have the Tornado summer 2 piece suit. It doesn't zip fully around the waist, which is really irritating in the cold. The neck closure system is not very good. The material is too abrasive around the neck and it completely rubbed my neck raw and I had to leave it undo after Day 2. The liner is way too warm for summer, but it works great in cold. I had to get an outer liner (2 piece coleman rain suit at walmart) for the rain when it was warm. This also served well with the liner when it was really f'iin cold as a windbreak.

My soft earbuds were not soft enough. I need to go back to speakers with my Sena. My ears were bleeding by Day 3 and I didn't use my Sena at all after Day 3.

This also hurt my ears enough I couldn't wear ear plugs for most of the trip. Wind noise killed me.

My first gear summer gloves and winter gloves performed awesome. Between the two, I was more than happy.

That's all I can think of right now. I also had some video shooting issues. I stopped shooting video after Vegas because it was too much of a pain to keep it working. The trip became much more enjoyable when I put the camera away, but I am sure I will regret that later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote