View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 12:08 AM   #3
thirdgenlxi
They call me a ride whore

Moto: 2004 CBR 600 F4i

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
cool, seen your pictures of you posing it on your bike at some scenic overlook.

What broke on your scorpion?
The big rubbery seal thingy at the bottom that holds everything up in there is falling off (common prob on the EXO-1000), the little plastic screws that hold the visor plates on have broken multiple times (the heads break off), and most recently they broke off the left side, which also has the little lever to operate the inner sun visor. Well when the screws broke that side plate popped out a little bit, lever fell out and inner (tinted) visor flopped down and wouldn't stay back up since there was no lever on it. Had to take that visor out completely just so I could see (coming down Deals Gap at night). And since the visor plate isn't sitting flush, the main visor doesn't always fully close either. The visors scratch horribly, already had to replace one cuz the entire thing was scratched so badly just from wiping rain off with the rubber wiper on the thumb of my glove, that I literally almost couldn't see out of it anymore. The "anti fog" visor also fogged up worse than my old RF-1000 did, and when it fogged it turned into a thick condensation on the inside of the visor, so unlike regular fogging it would not go away when you crack the visor for a few secs. Also did the same thing riding in any medium+ kind of rain..... almost had to pull over and stop a few times cuz I couldn't see ANYTHING cuz the inside of the visor was so wet (with it fully closed). Plus little stuff like the finish on the vents is almost completely worn off.... almost looks sandblasted, lol

Black/Red '04 CBR 600 F4i - 253,500 miles and counting
Black '89 Accord LX-i sedan - 435,200 miles still going strong

States visited on my F4i

facebook.com/thirdgenlxi
thirdgenlxi is offline   Reply With Quote