View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 09:33 AM   #22
dubbs
Multistrada

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
But look at it from the standpoint that if its easier to get and they dont have to skulk around and hide, wheres the "cool" factor in that?

Even if they legalized it, there would still be a black market for it, just like prescription drugs.

Where in the law books does it state that alcohol is illegal? It doesnt. My post clearly states several times "illegal drugs". I was clear on that.

However I do think people who take it to extremes, like alcoholics are idiots.
I know you were talking about only illegal drugs.. I guess I'm just of the mentality that weed shouldn't even be considered a drug, therefore i put it on the same level as alcohol.

Your other points are true, you'd probably lose some ppl due to it not being a counter culture anymore.. but you'd lose a lot less kids just the fact that you would have to be 18 or 21 to purchase it.

Also another point is why would you buy weed from a dealer who would charge you a lot more when you can buy weed from any store in 20 pre rolled joints for roughly the same price as tobacco? Not saying that's exactly how its going to go, but something like that.

Presciption drugs are different seeing as you need to have something wrong with you to get them so the demand is far greater than the supply. Legalized weed would be readily available.

And I agree.. People do take it to extremes. Forgetting about all the other "drugs" weed is impossible to overdose on, and if you smoke too much, you won't black out or get violent with your family like you can with "legal" alcohol.
Daily Driver - 2011 Toyota Prius - Black
Beater - 2005 Honda Civic Hybrid - Dust Colored
dubbs is offline   Reply With Quote