View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008, 04:28 PM   #2
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0n1 View Post
Yesterday, i let the clutch out and stalled the bike. my fault. put it in neutral, flipped the cutoff switch off then back on, start, nothing. take key out, and start from begining. key to on, (i dont hear the sounds i usually do) lights/indicators come on, but still nothing. 1/2 mile from work, so coworker shows up and helps move me to a gastation parking lot where whe connect the jumper cables to the battery and let it sit. (i have never jump started a bike, but i knew not to have the cars engine on.) still nothing. finally we decide to push start it and it starts right up. get it to work, finish my day, try to start the bike and it starts right up.

07 r1- flush mount and CA taillight are the only electrical mods done to the bike a long while back. factory battery, and i use a bat. tender when i know i wont be riding for a couple of days.

first thing to do this weekend is to get a volt meter (Thanks GM, we do listen)but can anyone tell me what i should be looking for? checking?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Not trying to postwhore I swear, but if your lights and indicators came on fine, I dont think it would be an issue with the battery being bad.

I killed mine a few weeks ago and got nothing, no response at all...had to let her sit on the tender a long time but managed to get the battery charged...she works and I got a spare in case...

have you had any issues with her starting back up since then?

I know ive stalled before and it took a minute to restart but its not a constant thing...
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote