View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 07:50 AM   #4
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
you forgot cyz and how when their ungodly expensive bikes failed to sell both roehr and cyz went electric
I didn't forget them... just didn't want to fill the whole screen with two bit operators There are probably a dozen others I have forgotten though. I could see MCZ and Roehr and Confederate joining up. They all have different styles- and lots of crackpot ideas- and obviously investors with deep pockets. They could go on producing their one-offs. But what I'd really like to see is a full production US maker that doesn't depend on HD.

I was reading about Fischer, and how he originally wanted a Rotax liter engine, but has settled for a Korean carbed engine. The Highland 1050 would be perfect for the original MRX1000 concept. Then you'd have the choice of anything from a 650 to a 950 for an intermediate. The Spondon frame on the Viking is sexy, but other than that their street bikes are really slapdash looking.