View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 07:30 PM   #13
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhgunnut View Post
With you Randy, Pelosi is a Parasite> I don't really want to see anyone party running the table but Unless Obama quotes Linden Johnson and does the "I will not Seek nor will I accept the Nomination of my party for President" I think President Gingrich or the like will be addressing a completely Republican Congress 2 years from now.
I think the Senate going Republican and the House staying that way are pretty likely in 2012. There will be a lot more Democrat seats up for reelection in 2012 than there were this year. In 2004 (when the seats that were just voted for were last up) the Democrats won only 15 seats, or 16 after Specter flipped, out of 34 seats that were up. In 2006 though Democrats won 22 (24 if you count Independents) of 33 seats that were up. Even if the country is pretty evenly split in 2012 I don't see the Democrats winning Senate seats at a 2.5 to 1 margin.

The Presidency is a bit tougher though. While Obama's favorability ratings currently aren't great, those who still view him favorably will be out in force to vote for him in 2012. If the economy gets better in the next two years that will naturally help Obama as well. Two years is a whole lot of time.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote