View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 11:07 PM   #2
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

First 3 sessions I rider coached some novices and felt out my night before installed Hyperpro damper.

My suspension setting were improvised from my garage experiments and street miles, as I pushed harder they proved to be spot on.

I struggled a bit with poor throttle response and inconsistent pick up from closed throttle, but soon used the rock stable chassis and a higher gear to pull out of the corners with ease. The 1125R mill has all the torque you could want and let me slide the street/track tires with ease causing huge smiles.

Eventually I had to turn it loose and got into several good brawls with a CBR thou and an Aprilia Mille R. I could handle with them but they had HP in spades and kept me from going round the outside. Had this been a real race there would have had to be some stuffing to pass.

These sparring bouts revealed another minor flaw, the stock brake fluid causing some sponginess and fade at the end of the session. But overall I was suprised to be just 3 sec off my old fully race prepped SV and only 5 seconds off my 636 times, with a showroom stock bike on street rubber, after a 4 year layoff from the track. I know there was more there with better rubber and some throttle/fueling tuning if I ever wanted to get real serious.

as it was it was a big grin day in the 100 degree Oklahoma heat.

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote