View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009, 07:11 PM   #21
i2iSTUDIOS
Photog

Moto: 03 CBR600 F4i

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
It is your own decision, but I didn't ride with a passenger for the first year or so. I still only do it rarely. Some people on here refuse to take one. Beyond the additional responsibility, it messes with the dynamics of the bike a lot. Even Kate Moss will increase your gross vehicle weight by about 15%. If you still aren't comfortable with getting on the brakes hard or slower speed leaning you might want to hold off on carrying passengers for a while.
It certainly was different. I don't know how much we'll be doing it but practice makes perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
My advice is just ride with (knowledgable) people and talk to them. Try to convince them to let you be leader so they can see where you need help and you can ride at your pace.
My friend has a Yahmaha Sport Tourer said he'd like to go for a ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Want to learn something good?

Throw far as far as you can that can of fix a flat! NEVER use that shit on your bike!!! or even anything that goes faster than 8mph. I've used the greeen slime stuff on a mower and its good! A MOWER!

Put the FI concentrate in your car gas tank. Never buy again. You especially dont need that shit under the bike seat! BAD BAD IDEA

When you want to buy a good FI cleaner... buy Seafoam (search it here).
Here are my thoughts. The fix-a-flat is there if I am stranded and want to get home. It's better than getting stranded.

The FI concentrate is Cheveron Techron, the same stuff that comes from the cheveron fuel pumps. I've had great luck with cleaning the injectors when using that in previous vehicles. This bike has 11,900 miles on it, I'll be doing plugs, oil, brakes, as soon as she get's put up for the winter. I'll be using seafoam in my direct injection car later.

I rode the bike just now at 46 degrees, I took it easy on the turns and let the tires warm up. It'll be just a bit cooler in the morning so that will be interesting.
i2iSTUDIOS is offline   Reply With Quote