View Single Post
Old 05-13-2011, 11:20 PM   #1
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic
Red face New car for me.?.?. UPDATED 2012 Volvo C30 R-design

Well I won't get into why... at this point... legal reasons...

I'm looking at sports cars... remember mine is I-4 turbo with about 275hp/340 ft lbs.

NO MORE GM PRODUCTS PERIOD!!!

No Mustangs, cause they are "me too" cars.

Test drove a Mazda Speed3, about a week ago. Nice more linear power feel compared to the brute power of my HHRSS. Tight car but not sure it's all there. $24k - discount. Owned by Ford, made in japan. Eat little crow but still... hell even use my Ford discount on one.

test drove a 2011 RX-8 GT today. Great great great looking car. Beyond awesome sounding motor (needs pipes, like all stocks). Tight crisp 6 speed manual. Superb seats, feel, 50/50 weight distribution, cornered on rails. Back seat has a stupid center console that would hinder Brinks hauling. Then you plant down the right foot... the 9k start of red-line is WOW. But a complete lack of power. My HHRSS will beat it in a race. It is about the same amount of power/speed as the Speed3. But it's $8K more! WTF!! Isn't this the Mazda flag ship??

Tried to test drive a Challenger RT Classic with A DAMN MANUAL AKA STICK SHIFT AKA 6 SPEED AKA NON SLUSH BOX!!! F'in 2 dealers didn't have one. one even had a SRT8 (out of my price range) in a F'in auto!!!! FU*KSTICKS!!

Going tomry to look at a NW GTI, Nissan 370Z (big negative is no back seat) & Altima coupe

Maybe then a WRX limited. Saw a Lancer EVO at the dealer but F that $45k tag.

I would like to keep it near $30k. HOWEVER, some of these are closer to $35k. I MAY be ok with that if it makes me grin.

Ideas?

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote