View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 04:33 PM   #8
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Hmm. You've got my attention. There's a guy who makes tuning software for the XB's called ECMspy. But I've resisted because I dont really have any complaints with the throttle response or power delivery of my bike, and I don't really wanna get in to tuning myself.

But if this is as easy as it looks then I might be in to it.

What, exactly, are these two wires doing?

And, semi-related, does your Ultra have two O2 sensors? Mine only has one, on the rear header.
This is plug n play. Simply put.

Ok lean is mean. Too a point. Go too far and you will end up with burnt motor parts. Understand that all of our bikes come "EPA lean" which is between mean and burnt.

This gives you excessive heat off the motor and exhaust. It also, means that there is not enuff gas in the mixture when you smack the throttle open to rev properly. You get the lag then rev. A motor is a big air pump. You twist the throttle the throttle body opens and allows more air to enter the motor. However, due to lag with the epa lean mix, there isn't enough gas to accomodate the air. It leans out till the injectors give you more. Results = poor throttle response. These correct that by fooling the stock ecm into seeing a different resistent measure off the O2 sensor. This changes the a/f from 14.2 to 13.6 across the board. The ecm will still adjust to changing atmosphere as it does now.

There is some resistors and whatever in the 2 wires. Mine has 3 cause I have to ground the rear.

Both my bikes have 2 sensors. 1 per pipe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewpy View Post
do they make a 1125 one though....
I'm not sure. Email him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
so how much did that resistor run? considering how well that trick works with the ebay ''chips'' id be surprised if it didnt live up to the name of ied
I paid $100 per set for mine. The problem with trying to make your own. Is that there are very strict criteria you have to follow when dealing with O2 sensors. I think its something like you can't soldier, have to use the special connectors, etc. Certainly there isn't $100 worth of parts but consider that you're also paying for the R&D they do. Which is alot. I know one of his 3rd party testers he uses for certification.

Nightrider site is amazing. Scroll thru the first link I put up. He's got tons of info on everything from spark plugs, motor oil, etc. If you have any questions, email him. His name is Steve and he is very helpfull.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote