View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 03:03 PM   #5
'73 H1 Triple
restorer of the original

Moto: '93 ZR1100 &'73 Kawasaki H1 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by tached1000rr View Post
bike looks like it was involved in more than what was described
That's the way Eric described the accident to me and I have absolutely no reason to doubt him.

Let me find the other thread where he originally posted what happened and I'll bring that over.

Jeff

Here's the first post after the accident

Its been several days since i've posted on here......

I was headed to visit some one Saturday the 20th of march, was getting off of the turn pike and while on the exit ramp my rear tire must of hit gravel or oil and slid out from underneath me causing me to low side at round 45-50 MPH.

I don't know what exactly every thing that happened but i remember hitting the ground and ended up about 25 yards away from my bike that was wedged in the guard rail.

The ambulance arrived and took me to the hospital where they did lots of tests and i found out that i was extremely lucky and fractured my L1, L2, L3, and L4 vertebrate and had no issues with my spinal-chord. I also had some minor road rash and no head injuries. My stomach also shut down due to the trauma suffered and I was fed through a iv and had a tube down my nose to my stomach to pump out its contents for over a week.

I must attest i am very thankful that I was wearing a full face helmet, gloves, a leather jacket with armor, jeans, and racing boots. My helmet jacket and jeans were really torn up. I am sorry i don't have any pictures to post as i am currently in a rehabilitation unit where i've gone from being unable to walk at all to walking with in 6 days. While i can't walk long distances with out the assistance of crutches. I also have to wear a brace for the next 4 weeks.

For now I don't think i'll be riding a motorcycle anytime soon and i think if i ever do consider getting back on one it will be on a track only.

Last edited by '73 H1 Triple; 04-18-2010 at 03:06 PM..
'73 H1 Triple is offline   Reply With Quote