View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 10:02 AM   #17
OTB
The Man

Moto: 00 Bimota DB4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Yep, hey she did really well on both of these bikes! About $2500 on the 250 and this crazy $4000 on the 600... I was concerned but this guy has a 100% approval rating and has sold a bike and a car before on EBay. The way this works is, she sends the money-wire transfer to a third party bank. The bank holds the loot for 3 days while we look the bike over (it's being delivered btw), if we give the okay, the money is released to the seller. It seems iron clad to me, so we'll see how it goes...
FYI,

Tigger, I hope for your sakes this is a real deal, BUT

Unless the deal is done through a certified and licensed escrow corp, there is a pretty good chance you are being scammed.

If you propose an escrow service of your own and a shipper of your own and you start getting "excuses" for why you must use his service, it's a scam..

I always offer to fly out and inspect the bike and waive the waiting period, and whenever it's a scam I get the shell game..."the bikes not in city X, it's in their warehouse in city Y", or ""It's in a high security bonded area...blah blah blah...". Ok then I tell them I'll fly to city Y....either they stop replying or dream up another reason why i can't see the bike "in situ"..........and it's a scam..................

Let me guess; the bike is in another state, they (bank; ebay, moneybookers, ect.) handle all the shipping arrangements and your have (3 days/5 days/10 days) to examine and approve the merchandise. You would not be the first guy to have been snookered by somebody who hijacked someone else's ebay acct. Banks don't ship bikes...neither does ebay, escrow corps, or anybody but SHIPPERS.

Also, vehicles not purchased through ebay aren't eligible for buyer protection.

There's a pretty good chance that the "seller" used hijacked links to spoof sites to fool you.

Who knows, it might be legit, but my nose is twitching...........I've been wrong before....I think.............

Last edited by OTB; 10-05-2009 at 10:09 AM..
OTB is offline   Reply With Quote