View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 03:50 PM   #44
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
I still have my R6. And I'm the fastest guy I know on the streets. But I highly doubt I'll ever ride street on a sport bike again.
My bud Chris, who was one in our "fast" group did the same thing you did. He came early up on the mountain Sunday morning, lowsided (about 90 or so) into the guardrail and broke his back. Just as I got there, they were haulin him on a stretcher. His exact words..."dude this is it for me on the streets..were goin too fast...shit is too dangerous". Now this is after seeing countless crashes and a few deaths. Well low and behold 4 months later, he was ripping it up again on the streets. Now, though...his bike got repo'd and I don't see him anymore.

You just have to find a more settled pace in a better controlled area. If you find a road that you can ride up and down, then you know there isn't going to be rocks in the middle of the road. Of course, you have to find people who will ride that same road with you or you won't be having any fun. The road you lowsided on had gravel on it. Its the chance you take when you ride a road fast that you haven't scanned the area beforehand. It's pretty risky IMO.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM

Last edited by 101lifts2; 12-22-2010 at 04:00 PM..
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote