View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 05:26 PM   #14
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

A little bit about me. I have done eight track days total and I'm at a point now where I carry a mid-to-front group NOVICE race pace.

I'm fresh off a track day using the Bridgestone BT003 street tires. Loved 'em. I prefer DOT tires wrapped in warmers when between sessions because of the greater lean angle they allow. My 7th track day was on the Bridgestone BT016 and they also performed good. First of all, I don't think you'll get six track days out of one set of tires. Street tires, allthough the high performance ones they make nowadays will suffice for the track, I think they lose their grip faster the more they're used on the track. My 016s got pretty hard after the one day I did and I could tell the lack of grip on the street after the track day. I would almost always get wheel spin jumping on the throttle, regardless if the tires were warm or not.

I have been on track with regular Pilot Powers, Pilot Races, Michelin slicks, BT016 and BT003. I cut my personal best riding the Pilot Races PRC/PR5 combo. They have since been replaced by the Power Ones, so I might try those next. My advice would be to use the Bridgestone BT003, Michelin Pilot Pure or Dunlop Q2 and go from there.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote