View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 02:04 PM   #14
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

You will never go wrong with an HK, they are awesome. I have a USP full-size and I'm thinking longingly about the 45C.

I have a 5-shot Taurus .357 snub. It has not been without issues, but after a little smithing it's a decent peice. It's also old, and their QC has improved since then.

Don't buy a Hi-Point. My buddy bought one that completely locked up on him. Sure they replaced it, but he was without gun for a while. They go bad because of all the pins, which are pot metal and prone to failure. Plus, the 45 is fucking huge. It's big for concealment and shit for accuracy, plus the recoil throws it off even more. If you're looking for a home defense 45 on the cheap that you can carry, get a Charles Daly 1911. You can find them used for a couple hundred bucks.

As for buying a used gun, I've got a few. A reputable firearms dealer with a gunsmith on staff will inspect all firearms before sale, that's the way they do it where I shop and I've never had a problem out of any of the used guns I have. If I did have a problem I'd take it back. It's no different than getting a used jacket.