Thread: Gas thread
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2008, 03:10 PM   #20
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Yes ethynol is cheaper... and in the winter they inject butane in the gas as well!!!!

Anymore Dlit... ethynol is always added to everything... I'm just saying that its a cleaner, it really is just de-natured achohol.

Here's another sniplet from another gas thread on WOS

Quote:
The only difference between any "branded" gas is like saying Pizza Hut's Deep Dish is better than Jet's Deep Dish Pizza. They both cost similar, both fill you up and clog your arteries. What is the difference? Slight taste but virtually the same.

Generic vs branded is that the branded gases use more additives (cleaners, milage enhancers, epa crapola, ect).

Do you remember when shell rolled out its "V-Power" and the commercials showed 2 of the same cars driving. One on "the other brand" and one on "V-Power". The "V-"power" car went farther on the same amount and got better gas milage. I was working in Flint at the time and in genessee county they got their Shell gas from the Mobil tank farm (using their own "Shell additive") on Dort Hwy. When they did the switch the Mobil operator just changed the amount of additive from "1 part" to "3 parts" per X number of gals. Increasing the additive, therefor the milage enhancers and detergants, giving you better gas milage.

This idea is the same when it comes to generic vs branded. The root product of the gas is the same. Its the additive that changes in quanity (generic vs branded) and "flavor" (branded vs branded vs generic vs generic).

That is why I bring up the point of gas station quality. Not only does it bring to light the quality and cleanlinest of the underground tank but also the calibration of their pumps. Sure the pumps are calibrated and checked by the state.. but you know...

And lets not even talk about octane... that is simple... if your motor isn't setup for it, ie; high compression, advanced timing, ect... then you're wasting your money. Send it to me for your gasoline education.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote