Thread: Xmas ride
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 07:26 AM   #3
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Worries View Post
I went riding yesterday in 48 degrees. Even with my Hippo Hands, long johns, and two wind block sweaters under my leathers, I was cold. And it's a dry cold here. In the end of December in the humid Midwest, you can run into some fierce winter storms. Sub-zero temps, blinding snow, ice, freezing drizzle, and wind that can blow you over, or blow snow onto a clear road and then freeze into black ice. Other than that, it could be a nice ride.
yeah but other than that... I should be ok right?

I'm riding every morning in 48* weather... with jeans (nothing under them) and my first gear Kilimanjaro Jacket... vented gloves and Moose MX boots... I'm perfectly fine, though hands could use a bit of warming usually. course by the time I get there it's probably in the low 50's.

I think if I get what I mentioned I should be ok as far as being cold...

I'm more worried about the wind... that's the one thing that sucks on this bike... it's so light takes nothing to blow it over...

the route I'm taking keeps me on somewhat major roads and in the hills... so they should be somewhat clear even after a storm... but also somewhat shielded from the wind. (I hope)

once I go north of Springfield I'm fucked as far as that goes...

but oh well... it's all part of the adventure... if this is the only way I can make the Mid west interesting... so be it!
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote