View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 01:43 PM   #30
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtemple View Post
I like the Hornet a lot! Here's my take on it.

1. Lots of wind noise compared to my RF-1000. I have gotten lazy about wearing my earplugs lately. I'll have to break them back out now.

2. The visor is a pain in the ass to change. I have a clear and a light smoke, and I'll probably just use the light smoke 24/7 instead of dealing with changing it out. This fall, when fogging becomes a problem I'll get a pinlock visor. Then, changing tints will be a piece of cake.

3. Very versatile lid!

4. The bill doesn't bother me. I had it up to 60mph today and could feel it tugging, but only slightly. If I tip it down a tad, the pull goes away.

5. Holy crap, VISIBILITY. The visor hole is HUGE and crystal clear!

this is the #1 reason I can't see going back to another helmet for me!

if they could do a modular in this style it'd be PERFECT for dual sporting... but I just don't think it'd be feasible... unless it was something like the Shark EVO where just the chin raises and goes up and over..

also the beak doesn't bug me anymore except when the occasional truck passing snaps my head back... but above 70 is where I really feel the tug...

I can almost judge my speed off it... if my helmet starts pulling I'm doing 60+ if I HAVE TO keep my head down I'm doing 70+
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote