Thread: Passing rules
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 05:39 PM   #36
TrackRider54
Track Whore

Moto: 2006 Buell Ulysses, 2001 Suzuki GSX-R600, 2008 Kymco Agility 125

I've always believed that the group you ride in has far less to do with what lap times you run, but more a factor of your experience and ability to control the bike.

I've seen kids on 125cc two strokers running in advanced group, and I know they weren't able to turn the same lap times as an expert riding a literbike.

I think advanced groups should be just that....for advanced riders. Not just those who can turn a fast lap. I've seen a LOT of fast guys that I don't want anywhere near me on a track, and I've seen some guys who I KNOW are excellent riders turn several seconds a lap slower than I do. Doesn't mean they aren't good riders, just means they are working on a specific part of their riding, or they are learning the track.

I just received confirmation that I'll be waving flags at Tally on the 28th. I've never ridden with Elite, so I'm looking forward to getting to know the guys and eventually doing a day with them.

It will be REALLY hard to wave flags while I see all the bikes going around. If any of you guys are down there, I hope I don't get to meet you. LOL! Don't run over the flag waving Sasquatch!

Last edited by TrackRider54; 02-10-2009 at 05:41 PM..
TrackRider54 is offline   Reply With Quote