View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 11:36 PM   #23
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

I got up and walked out and saw this

this could be interesting... my stupid ass loaded up the bike before backing it out of the spot... took about 5 min just to back up to the clear portion behind it LOL.

Anyways... on the road, and up to Sodier's Summet. *

It was DAMN COLD. *The heated Vest was worth twice it's money through there. *Hands froze but not much could be done about that. The pass was actually short lived... only about 40 miles worth of COLD weather... then it was only... cold. LOL *I passed through Provo and Salt Lake City. *Then headed west to Bonniville Salt Flats.

Thought I'd try catch'n a few of me riding... this is where the pavement ends... about 5" of water for the first 10' then only 2-3"

Then it was on to Wendover to wash all the salt off (not sure which one shows the salt better... but there was a shit ton... as it took several attemps to get those above photos)

No clean photos... as the day was growing long and the weather was rolling in. *So cross the border I went...

And a dash to Elko where I'm stay'n for the night. *Tomorrow it's off to Idaho, and Oregon. *Possibly to Portland... but it's gonna be a long day if so.

Finally figured out my spot tracking...
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...dvbr7DP6k298lR
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote