View Single Post
Old 03-11-2008, 12:21 AM   #10
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabarber2 View Post
Read ebbs! I not saying start on a ss, im saying not a crusier!! a 250 or 500 sporty!
where does it say start with a cruzer?

what you said is you didn't agree with the above... as far as I've read... it said start SMALL... a 250 or a 500...

you said,
Quote:
I disagree, SS isn't a beginer bike, but how do you learn to ride a sport bike riding anything else!
and what I was saying is you learn the fundimentals on something smaller then move up to the SS bike... you learn on the SS what is diffrent from the smaller bike...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistress Maygin View Post
I didn't get through the entire thing, but with me you are preaching to the choir. I've always wanted to get a 500 or 250 as my first bike because I want to learn and get comfortable riding before I start getting into the more expensive and speedy bikes.

It's like jumping in a Corvette as your first car, and driving 180 the first time on the highway. Before you're familiar with road conditions, how to turn and stop safely, etc. It's ridiculous.

What's worse are the people/dealers who will sell these hefty bikes to obvious beginners. I heard of one where the kid bought a 'busa and had to ask, "how do you start this thing?" A couple of weeks later he and his girlfriend were in the hospital after a crash (squids, too. Go figure).

Point being: I agree. And thank you.

Like I put in the first post... these aren't my words... I just thought it was a very well put explination to start small...

glad you agree... now get yourself a bike and ENJOY!
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote