View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 10:50 AM   #19
jtemple
Geek

Moto: 2011 Husqvarna TE630

Quote:
Originally Posted by wideopen1 View Post
I don't remember how hot my 04 ran, and I haven't had this 05 in town much so far, plus it's been kinda cool temp wise in Ohio.....
Jtemple, what in the hell caused the block to crack on your old bike???
To make a long story short, I bought an untitled Kawasaki demo bike from a dealer. It had 4400 miles on it and was otherwise in perfect condition. I got it home, and discovered a coolant leak. I took it to an expert, who said it was a casting flaw in the block and most likely came like that from the factory. Both the dealer and Kawasaki told me to get lost, since I bought the bike as-is. I fought with them for probably 2 months, including hand-written letters and a report to the BBB. Rather than fuck with it, I traded it back in for an new '06 and ended up eating most of the cost of replacing the block on the '05.

Lessons learned: I'll probably never buy a used bike again, and I am definitely not going back to that dealer to buy anything.

I might also hesitate to own another Kawasaki again. The only reason I got the '06 was because it was a leftover model from the same dealer, and the haggled price on it helped take the sting out of the '05's instant decline in value.

No other dealership would take the '05 in trade, once they discovered the leak. I even had a new '07 about ready to drive off the lot at a different dealership, when they found the '05's leak and told me to get lost.

I don't mind smearing their name around. The dealership is Start City Motor Sports in Lincoln, NE.
jtemple is offline   Reply With Quote