View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 09:03 AM   #22
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
They'll just need a Super Heavy-weight division.....and an Absolute division too IMO!
I definitely don't agree with SHW and not real fond of the absolute division idea either... if anything I think they should maybe do groupings of two weight classes into tournaments... FLY vs BW, FW vs LW, WW vs MW, LHW vs HW...

However, an open weight setup would work wonders for women's MMA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by defector View Post
Just read it:
Don't really disagree with any of that. All I'm saying, is if Overeem clips him, it could be lights out. Do I think it will happen? Damn, I hope not...

BTW, I don't really see Mir getting another big win in the HW division. I think breaking Nog's arm was the last for him.
... I think Mir can be competitive... he shouldn't be too cocky with his hands though... Nog was about 5 seconds away from a KO or TKO when like an idiot he went to the ground... I'd like to see Mir vs Cain... Heck, with the SF guys coming over there are a few matchups that would be very interesting for Mir... Barnett or Silva would be at the top of my list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Mir is streaky. Up until the submission, he looked slow, sloppy, and beaten. He doesn't seem to know if he wants to be light and fast or big and powerful. He's got a few more wins in him, but I don't see it being against any of the top tier fighters. He may be the gateway guy to test out the Strikeforce heavyweights after they fold their HW weight class and start moving them over to the UFC. He'll be a decent test to weed out the useless ones, but I don't think he's got a thing for Velazquez or Dos Santos, and I kinda feel that Lesnar would roll through him if Mir gets his rubber match he's been pushing for.
I dunno... I think Velasquez would be an intriguing matchup, but otherwise I agree... he's a gatekeeper for the rest of his career.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote