View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 08:15 AM   #56
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

I drove our HHR down to Florida for a spring break vacation. was actually not bad for comfort on a long trip. hauling wise it is very good for a car. the better half runs a cleaning business and hauls all of her crap in it and still has seating room if needed.
it has survived being run into a curb at speed by a teenager. tires have been spun more then once (judging by the slightly bald fronts I had to replace) I'm sure it's hauled a ton of kids in it at one time and considering the seats fold flat I'm sure there are a few stains in there that mom hasn't found yet. LOL
Our neighbor went and bought one after seeing ours for a couple months.
Best part was the Chevy dealers have been very good about maint and what not. they even gave her a free hubcap to replace the one that was lost by previously mentioned teen. ($55 value) of course now she needs another one because of his curb surfing. he is no longer allowed to drive any of our vehicles.
We've had to replace the front bearings in it under warranty but that was the only issue.
Granted I don't know about any extra maint or issues with the turbo version. there are a few sites dedicated to modding the little HHR with some good forums.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote