View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008, 01:36 PM   #24
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhgunnut View Post
"I like pushrod engines. Obviously. My Buell is a pushrod twin. It's a phenomenal motor. If you disagree, you've obviously never put any amount of time on one. "

Marco not to be oppositional but Back in 06 when I was looking for a twin sport bike I spent 4 hours on a used XB12 Which because of its looks I wanted to like. What I found was that it had excellent braking the chassis was set up perfectly for someone of my weight and that in comparison to every other V Twin sport bike I rode IMHO throttle response was lacking and simply did not live up to the Jap 1 liter RC51 TLR or the Ducati I rode.
I chose the Ducati 999.
I am not slamming Buells but my experience with them limited as it is tells me that the engine desinged in 1936 has been the limiting factor in Beull developing a major following
I know I am in the Minority in the Cruiser crowd when I say this but there is NOTHING that a push rod engine does that can't be done better by a a OHC engine
I'd take a 999 over a Buell too. No question. The throttle response on mine is fantastic. There is a small stumble right from closed throttle to open...but after that it's buttery smooth.

I have heard of several instances where there are drastic differences between Buell motorcycles. I dont know why there are such inconsistencies...but mine has been flawless and trouble free. I have read the exact opposite from guys who own the same year and model.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote