View Single Post
Old 03-12-2008, 07:56 AM   #8
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by neebelung View Post
All great advice.

In Florida, the state has no such school. It's all private schools, and they're not subsidized by the state (I know some states up north, the course if free, or dirt cheap, because the state funds it... no such luck here).

Additionally, as of July 1, 2008, state DMV offices will no longer be offering the testing to get your endorsement AND it's going to be a requirement to have your "M" endorsement in order to register a motorcycle... in short, this means EVERYONE will have to take the MSF class. So you may want to try to take the class as soon as possible before all the schools start to get flooded (also, you want to take it before the heat of Summer - heat exhaustion is no fun!)

In addition to the long sleeves, long pants, etc... start hydrating the day before (or two days before if it's hot) your class, and take a small cooler or insulated bag with bottled water, gatorade and some snacks with you (the school will probably provide water, but take some just in case... dehydration and hunger will affect your concentration)

As for schools in your area... go to http://www.msf.org to find a class in your area.
That's AWESOME! I think that's a step in the right direction... I dunno about FL, but the licensing test in OH was a fucking joke. I could have done it blindfolded with 20 beers in me...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote