Thread: Gixxers rule.
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2008, 11:45 PM   #16
PiZdETS
⎷⎛⎝ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎷⎛⎝

Moto: ⎷⎛⎝ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎷⎛⎝

Most gsxr owners are pretty squidtastic, I'll admit it. Great bikes though, I love mine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
I'm not a fan of the GSXR line mainly because of how their powerband felt to me and how uncomfortable they are(Not saying sportbikes are goldwings but I feel most cramped on a "Gixxer") to me. That's just me. Oh yeah.
Try an 03-04 if you get a chance, the last year they tried to balance comfort with hardcore. Unfortunately after those years they went with the market and comprimised comfort for .001% track advantage. I'm 6'4 and I fit on my 03 1000 fine even with rearsets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
Here's one thing I found funny. If you ask someone who rides say a 2006 GSX-1000R what they ride. They'll tell you they ride a "K6 Gixxer 1k". WTF? If I'm hearing this right K represents 1000 (Like $3k=$3,000). That tells me they ride a 1006 GSX-1000r(Talk about your vintage bikes).
The "k" prefix is the generation designation aka mark, every time the model gets updated it's listed in the blue book and catalogs as one k higher. My '03 is a k3, the 04 is a k4 even though they look almost identical, the 04 had changes made to the suspension and brakes so it's called a different generation.