Thread: Anyone else?
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2009, 08:31 PM   #42
Lamnidae
CMDLINE

Moto: 2008 Black/Grey Hayabusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBBs15 View Post
to clarify... if I see a fully geared up sportbiker... the odds are I'll chat with them... or at least try. but if they've got shorts on... or flip flops... or no gloves... or worst of all no jacket... naw... I'll pass...

well I think part of it is the fact that I deal with 600+ 18-30y/o's daily. I probably get asked about motorcycles at least 10 times a day.

Most of these airmen are virgin's to the motorcycle world... and know nothing but what they've seen them selves, on TV or on Youtube. I do my best to lead them down a safe path... but I know how thick headed I was when I was in my early 20's. (like that's changed) I've actually set up a once a month briefing for all those who ride, or are even remotely intrested in motorcycles for our Squadron. we had the first one last week...

We talked about saftey gear benifits/drawbacks... different types of bikes... why they are interested in bikes... ect. I'm sure I have a couple "squids" in the group... but I do my best to keep things as informal as possible in these meetings (still very military structured though) and let them air their side or views....

I guess this my have a big part in my bias... as listening to all the ignorant crap these airmen see/hear... and then think it's the right way, has gotten me looking at most sportbikers and think... another awesome Rep for the motorcycle community.
that, sir... is awesome.
Lamnidae is offline   Reply With Quote