View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 04:28 PM   #28
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBBs15 View Post
check out Tripageled.com they make a relay to delay the HID's. I didn't need it on my ZZR as the lights delayed anyways.... but the RR Trip killed his battery numerous times... so I bought the relay to avoid that (he got one too eventually) mine worked great for a while... then boom I had no lights... disconnected the relay... and they worked perfectly.

the relay was fine... just the way we wired them the wires touched and shorted the relay out. oh well.

I think the relay was like $50
Me and Trip have already had this fight but I say again... 3 years and no problems with the HIDs and my battery is the original unit. what was going on with Trip and I don't know where he got his HIDs but DDM swears that their ballast only draws 6 amps during start up which is actually LESS than some aftermarket halogens. Especially those with the higher lumen/wattage ratings.

Maybe Honda uses a crap stator. I have my Power Commander, HIDs, LEDs, J&M Integrator, Valentine 1, alarm, phone charger, and my GPS hooked up to my bike and I have never had a problem.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote