View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 01:20 PM   #25
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

guess I'm stupid then (according to homeslice anyway) oh me oh my I think I'll go kill myself now. my truck listed at 32K thanks. (didn't pay anywhere near that) and it gets 15.7 MPG and for the first 6 years of it's life it was my only vehicle. Would I have rather had something more fun (last time I checked funner wasn't a word) to drive. ummm no. For fun I have a bike, well and a couple more cars that you really wouldn't like.
Sometimes you can't afford to have more then one vehicle, or maybe you don't have room for more then one. You choose the one that fits your life the best. For some it's a truck. It's not stupid just because it doesn't fit your ideals of how people should live.
Do I need it? I don't know, bring me your little car and lets see if it can do what I need my truck to do. Funny I have a friend from Cali who regularly scowls at my truck. That is until I tell him to let me use his little truck for the weekend and then I'll get rid of mine.
Do I need the trailers, cars and other things that I do with the truck? Nope, but that's why I went to school and got a good job, so I could have more then just the bare necessities in my life.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote