View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 03:40 PM   #28
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Moto: 06 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Of course not..........But how often does that happen?

Around here, the average sportbike owner just hauls his own bike, and nothing more. Maybe 2 if he's carpooling w/someone. I'm just saying a lot of guys seem to exaggerate their need for a truck. You see them driving Tundras when a Tacoma would have sufficed
Since we are talking about the motorcycle people, we assume that they don't need a truck to haul their bike. I think it is a mistake to assume people buy trucks specifically to haul their motorcycle around. Most times I would assume people bought their personal vehicle long before a bike was in their realistic goals.

I still don't understand why anyone compares my F250 Diesel to a 4 banger of any make or model. This thing has a 7.3 engine, weighs 8,000 lbs and gets between 15 and 18 mpg. I have 4 wheel drive, 4 doors, and can move just about anything.

A civic, integra, celica or what not has an engine almost 1/4 the size of mine, weighs maybe 3,000 lbs?, isn't 4x4, can carry 4 or 5 people without the same amount of comfort, cannot realistically tow a heavy load (meaning more than a small sportsbike) but yes it fucking gets 10 miles per gallon more than mine.

Does that actually surprise anyone? I hope not.

Once Honda, Toyota and Nissan bring out a truck with a big displacement engine with amazing mpg, then we can yell at Detroit for falling behind.

My 06 GSXR 600 <-- Its Clickable Fools.
Quick281 is offline   Reply With Quote