View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 02:54 PM   #18
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post

The problem with Fedor coming to the UFC is less about Fedor and more about his managing team, M-1 Global. They're the ones arranging all the contract shit. Their big thing, aside from wanting too much money, is that they want all events with Fedor to be co-sponsored between them and UFC. Not a chance in hell that the UFC is going to co-anything. Fedor also wants to be able to go fight at other promotions and do his Sambo tournaments, which also goes against the UFC grain. I could see them possibly bending to let him do the Sambo thing, but I don't see them bending on giving M-1 Global any kind of co-producing/co-sponsor/co-billing. Dana White has already said that Fedor's first fight in the UFC would be a title shot against Lesnar, so they're game to get him the fight he wants, but his management team will end up being the one who sinks any Fedor/UFC deal.
Fedor is M1 Global. He is part owner of it, last I heard.

Back in the day, the UFC wanted to co promote (remember when they allowed Chuck to fight in Pride? Hell, Dana White was one of the commentators!).
But now they are the big dog in the yard, so it really isn't necessary...they call the shots, and they know it. They don't need Fedor, as much as Fedor would need them, so to speak.
defector is offline   Reply With Quote