Thread: Honda FTW.
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2008, 11:53 PM   #94
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Short bed... I couldn't close the tailgate on the Ranger with a bike in the back.
But the ranger also has a short bed...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Ditto in the S-10! Hey Samwell,goodluck with the gas mileage on that Tundra!
The gas mileage will be fine, because I will drive it:

1. To the track
2. In the snow
3. In the very hot or very cold

Otherwise I'll have a street bike to ride.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
you might be able to sit it diag. and close it ... but fuck it... tail gate down isn't bad... unless the tire is sitting on the tail gate... then you may run into issues
The tail gate down is bad because I will be going to the track with toolboxes, spare wheels and tires, gas cans, bike stands, gear, fuckin' everything... the tailgate will need to close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Worries View Post
What about putting the bike in diagonally?
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
The only thing with that is the positioning of the tie-down cleats makes strapping the thing down a bit goofy... not unmanageable, but not idea either. I'd just rock the thing straight with the tailgate down... Looking into motorcycle chock... the factory option didn't exactly excite me... neither does drilling holes in my bed...
You don't need to put the entire bike diagonally.

My buddy has a new GMC Sierra 1500 and the same bike as I do. He has a wheel chock mounted at the front of the bed, straps the front of the bike down, then just slides the rear tire to the side and the bed closes. That way he can fill the bed with all kinds of shit.
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote