View Single Post
Old 07-17-2010, 12:39 PM   #7
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
Sorry but hybrids are pretty stupid, their gas mileage isnt much better than what I can get on my full gas honda fit, they cost 5k more and their only reason to exist is to give rich folks a reason to say they are "green"
and then there is the issue of how much energy it consumes just to build them. I'll stick to driving my 223k mi Camry that still gets decent mileage.

Would prefer to ride the bike as much as absolutely possible, but it's kinda tough when you have a child to take places. I just can't bring myself to suit her up and put her on my bike with me. While it would suck if anything happened to me on the bike, at least I'm aware of all of the dangers and can make that decision myself. I just can't put her in that same danger, so I drive the car whenever I have her.

I'm not sure how old she'll have to be before I'm comfortable with her being on the back of the bike. I remember being her age and my dad taking my sister and I both for rides, wearing shorts, t-shirts and no helmets. He'd have one of us on the tank and the other on the seat behind him. But things were different back then. We'd ride in the front seat with no seat belt, or sit in the bed of the truck. Now, we don't even do that.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote