View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 10:49 PM   #120
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Dude, she's a grown up - it's not your "fault" and it shouldn't be your job to tell her how to spend her money.

I just never knew someone that fell for it, that's all. I mean, who wires money to someone for something sight unseen without actual proof that said object exists? Paypal would even be a stretch for a big dollar object - but, a direct wire transfer?? I shouldn't be in shock - people must do it all the time or there wouldn't be scammers out there continuing to do it.
Yea it's amazing! I guess it's an extension of our current society in a way. I send "money" to companies weekly for products "sight unseen" and hope that they are legit... NOT $4,000 though!!! I think the problem here is mostly inexperience, to be honest, I've never sent a wire transfer so I don't know exactly how it works as far as if there were any "safeguards"/charge backs. At least not until now anyway... I've never had the need to use them and I have always heard that it's a bad idea. I have to admit that I've sent checks to companies/persons for products back in the day, that can be just as dangerous I guess... It's a hard lesson that's for sure...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote