View Single Post
Old 11-27-2009, 09:39 AM   #14
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

i have the 35w 4500k kit on my bike, been happy w/ it, but the draw is pretty high, it's reset my clock a few time, makes me think my battery is weak, cuz the clock reset itself some time between wed. evening and this morn. and it was chilly/cold last night.

anyway, the prob. w/ hi beam HIDs is that HIDs take a sec-2 to get up to full strength, now if you ride hi beams during the day no biggie, but i ONLY use my hi's to flash somebody , and by the time the lights get up to full power the incident is already over. + the HIDs are really bright to begin w/ so IMO hi's are not nec.

4500k is the most light output, when you start going higher in K's you loose light output.

and i wouldn't recommend 55w on any bike unless you direct wire the lights to your battery. and even then it's really overkill. and could damage the wiring on your OE harness

also on a bike, the lights turn on 2 times in a row in quick sucession, 1 x when you turn the key to the on position, and the 2nd after you release the engine start button, thats hard on HIDs and batterys,

my sequence now is

press the start button
turn the key on (lights stay off)
squeeze the clutch (which then starts the bike, but lights are still off)
give it a sec. for the engine to get going
release teh start button, the lights finally get turned on

i have the DDMs in my 1 y.o. accord and 1 bulb has gone bad, it's not OUT in the sense it doesn't light up, but its not as bright as the other one. so i', gonna have to send back to them for them to replace it, which is a PITA, cuz then i gotta install my reg. bulbs while i wait for shipping back and forth then reinstall teh HIDs
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.

Last edited by RACER X; 11-27-2009 at 09:41 AM..
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote