View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 09:16 AM   #4
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT

The Roadsmarts were on sale too, so I went ahead and picked up a new set last weekend to get the Busa ready for this year.

*minor rant*

Cycle Gear offers a road hazard warranty apparently. I didn't know that. The guy tried to sell it to me. I told him I didn't want it because I carry two flat repair kits and I was prepared. He pushed a little, explaining that it was a really good deal and why would I not take it.

Ok, you opened the door, I'll walk through it. So, I had to explain to him that the flat repair kits would take care of the small stuff, and if I had bigger problems, I'd take care of it then. He says "But we'll take care of it for you." I then asked if I would need to present the old tire for the reimbursement. He said yes. If I have a big enough problem with this tire that it has to come off, it will probably happen in northern Alaska. Does you *really* think I'm going to bring an old tire back with me on my bike from that far away for $150? No.

I know I'm the exception, not the rule. But, rest assured if I decline something, I've already thought it out.

He also made me stand there for 10 minutes while someone else came and checked over the wheel/tire. He said someone who didn't mount it has to check it and sign off on it. I explained to him that in the 20 feet I carried it from the back to the counter, I had already done that and if there was a problem he would have already heard about it.

Again, that whole exception thing. I guess my tolerance level for such things is lower these days. LOL