View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 07:47 PM   #54
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
We should do it. We could end up at Copper Harbor which is the tip top of the UP more on the west side.

There is tons of stuff up there to do, but the roads are all super straight. That might bore you all.

The bridge isn't that bad. I rode over it three times last summer alone. But I'm sure lots of that depends on the bike. I like the traveling idea, it's really the only way to do it. We can make it from my house to the UP in a day. If we go to the west side and travel up the lake michigan, through the tunnel of trees and on ward... that is a long ass day to make mackinaw. Then it's the debate on going to the island or not. That alone can be a day. Then there is the falls, light houses, and miners castle. I've never done but always wanted to do miners castle in a canoe or kyack. Then we could hit up copper harbor. The UP is really Michigan's gem. After copper harbor, loop back around and head back south down the east side of the state. That would get everybody to see each of the Great Lakes.

But that is all highway you're talking. You didn't run down lake michigan. I just did last year and it was awesome!
yeah, I did slab from the Mac to Trips... so I can't honestly say the UP is better, and my intended route was down the coast, but time caught me up.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote