View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 12:29 PM   #2
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

I wonder if participation just happens to be low due to the recent cold snap. Granted, you would think people in the southern states would step up during the winter, but maybe people are getting bored with it.

I liked the idea you had set up where someone would post a specific idea (ie, pic of your bike in front of a waterfall), then whoever was first to get that pic would come up with something else. Unfortunately, that failed miserably. The "themed" pic of the month was okay, but unfortunately, some of us aren't very creative, so that also failed.

Even though both of those failed, I still have to wonder if some combination of the two could work for POTM. For example, the rules could be:

Original thread starter comes up with a theme (ie. pic of your bike in front of a waterfall)
First person to post said pic comes up with a new theme, however, people are still allowed to post pics of the original theme, or ANY theme posted in the thread by the first person to meet the previous theme.
At the end of the month, all the pics in the thread are voted on for pic of the month. Each thread runs from the first day of the month, through the last day of the month. Voting occurs during the first 5 days of the following month.
Anyone can start the new picture thread on the first day of the new month.

Also, while I understand the reasoning behind pics having to be taken that month, maybe allow pics taken any time during the prior 6 months. That would help keep pics flowing throughout the winter months.

On top of that, maybe have a "pic of the year" from all of the previous years' winners.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote