View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 05:47 PM   #15
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
Oh yeh, leave the guns at home, if you wanna live in the city, you wont be able to get them legal within 1-2 years.
NYC can just suck that one. The only time NYC will know about my guns is if I need to use them. At that point I won't really give a crap if I have to spend some time in jail to save my or my gf's life. Anyways I'll probably put my place of residence at my parents home in Georgia so no need for emissions and bullshit like that. I'll keep my GA tags.

Vehicle is very necesarry. I have a small side pressure washing business here and if I do move to New York/Jersey I plan to do work up there with it as I go to school. I'll need a truck to pull my trailer. Plus I do a lot of mountain biking, triathlons, etc so I need to travel from the city a bunch.

Firefighting is on the table for me when it comes to a job. It was the route I was going to go before I started school.

I looked into the taxes. New York I believe was 6.85% for her taxable income. Federal should be 25% but I think more realistically 17% since I think Federal works off of a piecewise formula. I didn't look into the city tax.

We'd really like to just rent a room and if we go to NY we'll look into that more

But as I said it's very unlikely that we'll move to New York. The only reason we would is if she for some reason didn't get an offer on the other 2 jobs that she would much prefer.