View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 06:03 PM   #16
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
NYC can just suck that one. The only time NYC will know about my guns is if I need to use them. At that point I won't really give a crap if I have to spend some time in jail to save my or my gf's life.
Understandable

Quote:
Firefighting is on the table for me when it comes to a job. It was the route I was going to go before I started school.
Takes 2-5 years to be a NYC firefighter from the time you first sign up for the test until you actually get hired, and its really only worth it if you want to make a career and retire from it

Quote:
I looked into the taxes. New York I believe was 6.85% for her taxable income. Federal should be 25% but I think more realistically 17% since I think Federal works off of a piecewise formula. I didn't look into the city tax.
Between 3 and 4%, but everything else is taxed too, food, clothes, gas, everything carries an extra 2-8% tax on top of other taxes

Quote:
We'd really like to just rent a room and if we go to NY we'll look into that more
You will never find a room for rent, maybe a 1 room studio apt, or a room mate, but not a room, it just doesnt exist.

I know I sound negative, but thats the reality. Once you get past all the negatives, NYC is probably one of the coolest places in the world to live