View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 08:44 AM   #6
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
Also the IMS tank doesnt work with the crash cage, its one or the other, however there is a radiator and water pump guard that you can get (need to get) if you are running just the IMS tank for protection. I think you might actually have the radiator protector. I do have a few questions though

1. What tail bag is that?

2. Which heated hand grips do you have? Are they decent? How much power to they draw?

3. No fork boots? Fork brace?

4. How much did you finally pay for it?
It does have the radiator protector already. The skid plate comes up enough to cover the water pump too, so I"m good there. I can't run the crash bars anyway with the IMS, so wasn't too worried about them.

1. It's a JC Whitney I think the guy said. It's not bad, but I want something larger, so I'll probably take this one off and sell it. Interested?

2. Not sure of the brand, but so far, even on hi, I can't feel them through my gloves, but maybe I have gotten impatient and not let them run long enough. I can feel them get plenty hot without gloves, so maybe it's just me. Unsure of the amperage draw, haven't taken a multimeter to the bike yet.

3. The previous owner said in his experience, the Seal Savers that are on it work better than fork boots. I'll be adding fork boots along with the Seal Savers though, for extra protection. I do intend to pick up a fork brace also.

4. I paid $1500 for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
I don't get the whole dual sport revolution going on around here, but do your thing, son. Have fun.
Look up the Haul Road between Fairbanks and Prudhoe Bay, Alaska. Then, you will understand. That road is 414 miles of GRAVEL each way, so to go to Prudhoe Bay, I'm looking at 830 miles of gravel. I *could* do it on the Busa, but it will be a ton easier on something more appropriate for the road. See "Ice Road Truckers" for reference, but in the summer. LOL

Last edited by G-Rex; 09-28-2010 at 08:47 AM..
G-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote