View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 08:59 AM   #7
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
It does have the radiator protector already. The skid plate comes up enough to cover the water pump too, so I"m good there. I can't run the crash bars anyway with the IMS, so wasn't too worried about them.

1. It's a JC Whitney I think the guy said. It's not bad, but I want something larger, so I'll probably take this one off and sell it. Interested?

2. Not sure of the brand, but so far, even on hi, I can't feel them through my gloves, but maybe I have gotten impatient and not let them run long enough. I can feel them get plenty hot without gloves, so maybe it's just me. Unsure of the amperage draw, haven't taken a multimeter to the bike yet.

3. The previous owner said in his experience, the Seal Savers that are on it work better than fork boots. I'll be adding fork boots along with the Seal Savers though, for extra protection. I do intend to pick up a fork brace also.

4. I paid $1500 for it.

Look up the Haul Road between Fairbanks and Prudhoe Bay, Alaska. Then, you will understand. That road is 414 miles of GRAVEL each way, so to go to Prudhoe Bay, I'm looking at 830 miles of gravel. I *could* do it on the Busa, but it will be a ton easier on something more appropriate for the road. See "Ice Road Truckers" for reference, but in the summer. LOL
I understand. I know they have their purpose. It's just not my thing. Seems like everyone on this board is buying one of these bikes lately.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote